|« Back to calendar||« Previous Event | Next Event »|
Picnic season will soon be starting, and that means Steampunk Soft Dart Gun Dueling. The purpose of this workshop is to give you an opportunity to paint your own Steampunk soft dart weapon, in preparation for your dueling.
Participants will need to bring the following:
1. Your own soft dart pistol (made by Nerf, Air Warriors, etc), capable of firing a soft dart or foam disk. Ideally, your weapon should not require batteries for any reason, nor can it by loaded via a detachable magazine, cylinder or clip.
2. A sheet of packing cardboard. This is preferable for use in painting than newspaper because there is less likelihood of sticking.
3. A large plastic bag, for carrying your painted work home in.
4. A soft cloth (not micro-fiber) for polishing.
5. Latex or thin rubber gloves and an optional filter mask (availalbe at most hardware stores) for painting.
What we will provide for your use:
1. Screwdrivers for disassembling your weapon
2. Primer spray paint (black is default; if you want a different color for your base coat please indicate in the comments)
3. Various tubes of Rub & Buff (this is a coloring compound that takes very well to plastic)
4. Model paints (for touchup) and brushes
Note that if you are unable to procure a weapon for your own use, space will be set up for Solo Cup target practice with a selection of Steampunk Ottawa provided guns.
This will also be a Steampunk Ottawa collection event, meaning will will be collecting voluntary donations to Steampunk Ottawa's cash fund. This is meant to help fund Steampunk Ottawa events and activities, so please be as generous as you can.