|« Back to calendar||« Previous Event | Next Event »|
Due to popular demand, Steampunk Ottawa will be returning to Upper Canada Village for a one-day expedition in August! (see FB event for more details)
A few things:
1. We will be on a self-guided group tour, which means we have a group rate of $14.41 (rounded to $14.40) per person, which includes taxes. (This is a saving of $5 from regular admission price during peak season.)
We need a minimum of 15 people committed to attending for this event to happen.
Because the only guaranteed reservation is a paid reservation, I will be collecting money from interested people beginning at the Victoria Day Picnic, as well as other Steampunk Ottawa events in June and July; if you wish to pay via email transfer, you can PM Gailene Green after Victoria Day for my email address.
Paid reservations will be accepted up to Friday, 18 August at 15h00. After that, anyone wishing to join our group will need to pay full admission at the Village entrance.
THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS FOR NONATTENDANCE. If you paid for your reservation but find you can't go, please let me know by Friday, 18 August at 18h00. Your ticket will be assigned to someone with extenuating circumstances (physical disability, unemployed, etc).
2. This is about a 90-minute drive from Ottawa, allowing for traffic and weather. I'll start a comment thread for people who want to go but need a ride, and people who have transportation and have room for passengers.
3. The rendezvous point will be at the main entrance to the Discovery Centre, where we will pick up maps for our self-guided tour. While the village opens at 9:30, we will be entering as a group at 11h00. If you have a paid reservation and plan to arrive later, I need to know by the evening of Friday before so I can make arrangements with the ticket office to expect you. If you arrive late and do *not* have a paid reservation, you will have to pay full fare.
4. THERE ARE PICNIC TABLES near the Village Store and the Harvest Barn, available on a first-come-first-served basis. So picnic food and gear is definitely encouraged. (There is also dining on-site, if you wish to bring cash.)
5. For people interested in photoshoots, it's recommended that you wait until after 2 pm to assemble people for group shots. (You'll want to scout out locations in the morning.)
6. About costumes and props: as with all Steampunk Ottawa events, appropriate garb is strongly encouraged but is not strictly mandatory.
I will double check with village management, but as far as I know costume props *may* be carried on the person; however, weapons such as guns and blades shall be holstered or sheathed at all times, and all firearm-type props will carry neither ammunition or noisemaking loads (e.g. caps).
If you run into any dispute with UCV staff concerning your garb or props, please find me as soon as possible so we can resolve the issue.