Steampunk Canada

Tie up Your Dirigible and Visit for a Spell

Forums

Forum Home > Local Groups > Showcase Your Local Group

Lee A. Farruga
Site Owner

I would like to give each local group a chance to shine! 

I would like to showcase each local group on the front page of Steampunk Canada over the next few months.  All I need from each group is an email to [email protected] with a description of the group, images of your logo or group, your location in Canada, any upcoming events you wish mentioned and any links to your sites. If you wish, also send me a special steampunk place or two that the group likes to visit. 

I'm really looking forward to showing the world our fabulous Canadian steampunks!

--

Canadian Queen of Steampunk. Founder of Steampunk Canada.

June 10, 2011 at 7:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lottie Butterfield Smith

Hi Countessa,

I am new to the forum and am trying to set up a group in Kitchener- Waterloo. Can  you help?

June 14, 2011 at 9:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee A. Farruga
Site Owner

Hello Lottie, 

I would be more than happy to help.  Are you looking for ideas on a first event, or ideas for where to set up an online presence?  Or anything else.... let me know how I can help you.

--

June 14, 2011 at 12:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Theresa
Limited Member

Hi Lottie,

I live in the Stratford area, but am frequently in KW as that's where I work. I'd be interested in helping out or at the very least getting together.

There was mention on the Facebook page of other active folks in KW so I'm sure we can find a few more to join us.

Cheers,

Theresa

June 19, 2011 at 9:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Stuart

thats what I get for moving away after UWO lol.  A KW punk group would be such a blast.

June 22, 2011 at 12:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kryss LaBryn

Are there any groups anywhere near Kamloops/100 Mile House/Williams Lake, BC?

I can't even find anyone who has heard of Steampunk around here... :(

June 28, 2011 at 10:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shepp

Hmm.... Being in Brantford, Ontario, I'm not sure which group I should join. The Time Machine seems to be the closest, in Hamilton. Or is there something closer that I just haven't seen yet?

December 6, 2011 at 7:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Doctor Rina Von Elrick

Im thinking of starting a Brampton/peel to dufferin and beyond group for everyone outside of GTA. of course anyone is welcome, but the meets and events will be more north, like brampton, newmarket, bolton, orangeville, ect. Im just trying to find out on here and on facebook if there is enough interest to get one rolling. have lots of ideas :)

--

The Doctor Is In..

December 6, 2011 at 11:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain H.M. Hooke

We have just founded Consolidated Steam... a Steampunk community based in Calgary, Alberta and is geared (no pun intended) towards the more mature, focused, and serious Steampunk enthusiast. This group will be somewhat exclusive with a membership cap of twelve after which there will be waiting list in place and a vetting out process to ensure quality of participation and membership remains high. Focused on the Airship Phoenix it will lean heavily towards an airship crew and related events.  Guests are always welcome.

--

Be Splendid...

December 19, 2011 at 6:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee A. Farruga
Site Owner

My offer is still open to give each local group a chance to shine! 

I have showcased three groups so far, but I know there are many more of you and I would like to put each local group on the front page of Steampunk Canada.  All I need from each group is an email to [email protected] with a description about the group, images of your logo or group, your location in Canada, any upcoming events you wish mentioned and any links to your sites. If you wish, also send me a special steampunk place or two that the group likes to visit. 

I look forward to showing the world more of our fabulous Canadian steampunks!

--

February 7, 2012 at 6:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dr. Daxidus Van Nightstein

i started a group in pembroke, if anyone in the area wants to join and/or thinks they can help out...

--

June 26, 2012 at 5:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee A. Farruga
Site Owner

Congratulations on your new group!  Just email me at  [email protected]  to let me know of any upcoming events, and I'll help you spread the word. 

Here is the link to the Facebook group page for those who would like to join... Pembroke Steampunk Association 

--

June 27, 2012 at 6:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dr. Daxidus Van Nightstein

pembroke steampunk association welcomes anyone that would like to join us in bringing a little steam to the heart of the ottawa valley

--

June 28, 2012 at 7:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee A. Farruga
Site Owner

For everyone who didn't see this the first time it was posted...

I would like to showcase each local group on the front page of Steampunk Canada over the next few months.  All I need from each group is an email to [email protected] with a description of the group, images of your logo or group, your location in Canada, any upcoming events you wish mentioned and any links to your sites. If you wish, also send me a special steampunk place or two that the group likes to visit. 

I'm really looking forward to showing the world our fabulous Canadian steampunks!

--

July 9, 2012 at 5:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

wildwolf
Limited Member

Shepp at December 6, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Hmm.... Being in Brantford, Ontario, I'm not sure which group I should join. The Time Machine seems to be the closest, in Hamilton. Or is there something closer that I just haven't seen yet?

there now is a new group in hamilton, it is called the clockwork hammer, you can find us on facebook

July 17, 2012 at 12:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee A. Farruga
Site Owner

It's been a whole year and we've got a number of new local groups across Canada, so if you're an older group and have not been featured yet or you're brand new... 

I would like to showcase your local group on the front page and as a blog post on Steampunk Canada.  All I need from each group is an email to [email protected] with a description of the group, images of your logo or group, your location in Canada, any upcoming events you wish mentioned and any links to your sites. If you wish, also send me a special steampunk place or two that the group likes to visit. 

--

September 22, 2013 at 8:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Prof. Euphemie Robison (Gailene Green)

Lee Ann has been inviting existing and new groups to send her posts from all over Canada. GREAT idea, Lee Ann. I, for one, would LOVE to see more information from Steampunk groups across the country. I'm very interested in what other groups are doing. It gives us ideas for events (aka... excuses to get dressed up) and outings. AND you get a SC button... they are spectacular!

--

Prof. Euphemie Robison aka Gailene Green

PhD Anthropology of Time Travel - the effects of time travel on past, present and future histories.

October 1, 2013 at 10:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Prof. Euphemie Robison (Gailene Green)

So, after reading most of the comments above I've come up with an idea for a group post... a plea for local Steampunks to help get a local group started. It can be tough at first to find other Steampunks in your area... especially if you are new in town. So, start a Steampunk group of your own. It's a fabulous way to meet new friends with similar interests. Your article doesn't have to be long. Some basic info about starting a group and the area you want it to include, the type of events and outings you want to plan. Mention if you are or want a photographer. Steampunks like to get their picture taken of them in full regalia :-)

--

Prof. Euphemie Robison aka Gailene Green

PhD Anthropology of Time Travel - the effects of time travel on past, present and future histories.

October 1, 2013 at 10:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shepp

I'll second that, Prof. Robison. Been on and off trying to get something going in Brantford, ON. Not much lately, busy with life stuff. Hardly getting out to the local gaming group once every few weeks, let alone anything else.

On the plus side, there's groups within a 45 minute drive all around Brantford (Kitch/Waterloo, London, Hamilton, Simcoe), so it would be easy enough to just head up to those.

Still, if any of those groups are looking for some interesting photo locations, the Brantford museum's got some really interesting and period displays, and there's always the Bell Homestead, also with period displays.

Best of luck, all.

--

Note: Looking to buy Headrobots Snake (Cobra Commander) and other things. Check out my thread. Shepp's Buy/Sell/Trade thread 

October 1, 2013 at 8:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee A. Farruga
Site Owner

In 2014 I would love to find out more about our local groups across Canada. I want to hear what your plans are for the new year - changing your organization, planning outings and events, etc. Are you celebrating a milestone or someone's special something within the group. Any steampunk romance sparked between members (only if they are excited to let others know). Share with other steampunks in our fine nation. Let's get to know one another better. Cheers!

--

December 22, 2013 at 2:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Upcoming Events

Tuesday, Nov 7 at 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Thursday, Nov 9 at 8:00 PM - Sunday, Nov 12 9:00 PM
Tuesday, Dec 5 at 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Tuesday, Jan 2 at 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM

Steampunk Canada Sponsors