Steampunk Canada

Tie up Your Dirigible and Visit for a Spell

Forums

Forum Home > The Time Machine: Hamilton Victorian and Steampunk Society > Proposed "STEAMPOSIUM" for October 2010

The_Time_Machine

Hi all (please read): We are SERIOUS about planning a major Steampunk Symposium for October 2010, in Hamilton: We're calling it the "STEAMPOSIUM". It will include a gala ball, vendors, burlesque, musicians, a presentation on the history of electricity & Tesla, artisans, possibly movies, etc. We are in the midst of the planning currently. Who would like to participate, as an attendee? Or, as a vendor or performer? Please let us know! We are trying to keep the price of tickets in the $35 to $40 range, and we have no wish to turn a profit; we just want to break even. Thanks everybody!  The_Time_Machine@ymail.com

March 7, 2010 at 3:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nicoletta

I think I already noted this on Facebook, but I'd be happy to volunteer and more than happy to attend!  It's so nice to have things happen close to home.

March 10, 2010 at 2:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alice Sunshine

I would love to attend!

I curretnly don't have a costume at all. Found most of my pieces yesterday actually, but I would love to come out.

September 30, 2010 at 9:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee Ann Farruga
Site Owner

Please NOTE:   There has been an announcement on the Facebook Event page -  it has been CANCELLED!

--

Canadian Queen of Steampunk. Founder of Steampunk Canada.

September 30, 2010 at 3:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Miss.Genevieve

Lee Ann Farruga at September 30, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Please NOTE:   There has been an announcement on the Facebook Event page -  it has been CANCELLED!

Dang... was it lack of people or what?

--

Some men see things as they are and ask why.

Others dream things that never were and ask why not.

-George Bernard Shaw

www.flickr.com/photos/tincankittens/

October 1, 2010 at 11:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee Ann Farruga
Site Owner

Partly lack of people, but mostly the organizer had personal issues to deal with.

--

Canadian Queen of Steampunk. Founder of Steampunk Canada.

October 2, 2010 at 7:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Miss.Genevieve

Lee Ann Farruga at October 2, 2010 at 7:55 AM

Partly lack of people, but mostly the organizer had personal issues to deal with.

Aw that sucks. But I hope the organizer gets through their personal issues. I know how not fun that is to deal with. I hope things go well :)

--

Some men see things as they are and ask why.

Others dream things that never were and ask why not.

-George Bernard Shaw

www.flickr.com/photos/tincankittens/

October 2, 2010 at 8:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.