Steampunk Canada

Tie up Your Dirigible and Visit for a Spell

Forums

Forum Home > Questions > Steampunk Everyday

trisdihdzere

I don't mean to wear all out steam punk, but I just found about this genre and the style is fabulous. I picked up a few recommended books and am currently wondering what I could wear on a daily basis that is steampunk themed, casual I guess.

Like the steampunk essentials and cheap buys or diy's since I am saving up for a trip overseas.

November 16, 2010 at 5:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Stuart

oooh, thats a big question.  For me, its just collars and slacks and dress shoes and jackets most days, I guess.  Its not entirely steampunk, nor really victorian, but I like to dress in the old ways, before ribbed tee shirts and fauxhawks.  I actually trundle through a few thrift stores every few weeks.  Got a really nice suede jacket recently too for cheap.

November 16, 2010 at 6:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

trisdihdzere

I got 3 button up shirts and a nice vest from value village for 9$. I am just wondering what else any young adventurer steampunker needs? I am looking at soldier suits and the like but it seems to be all pricey.

--

Let the wind blow over and sing

November 16, 2010 at 11:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee A. Farruga
Site Owner

There are a lot of military style jackets in the stores right now, knowing how retail works, they will all be on sale in January when the 'spring collections' come out.  You could also try military surplus stores.

--

Canadian Queen of Steampunk. Founder of Steampunk Canada.

November 17, 2010 at 6:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

trisdihdzere

I'll be saving up till then I suppose, thanks for the tip!

--

Let the wind blow over and sing

November 17, 2010 at 10:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vokhev

I have a friend who modified his whirstwatch with a handmade steampunkish brecelet and wears it everyday.

Personnaly, I work with leather a bit so I made my own cellphone beltpouch. But since I just changed my cell, I need to make another one and I'll try to give it a steampunkish look (leather and brass). That's about as far as I can go, working in an office and all...

November 17, 2010 at 4:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phoenix Artemis Black

On days I am feeling particularily slack, I have been known to wear my black tank top with cargo pants and my goggles.

I usually wear my brass 4 necklace, and a few other accessories.

--

The Mistress Of Black Steam

November 18, 2010 at 11:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Isabel

Vokhev, i was just looking at the Tandy Leather web site and they now have Steampunk [gears and rivited bits] patterns for leather carving. Don't know if this helps on not but it does say that Steampunk is becomming more mainstream and heavans to Betsy normal.

--

November 19, 2010 at 12:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vokhev

Nice to know! Where exactly did you find this? I can't seem to find it...

November 19, 2010 at 2:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Oxonian

Pocketwatch. Done.

If I'm wearing something without a suitable pocket, I put it around my neck. As a teacher, I wish I had a penny for every time I've found a kid gazing mesmerised at my watch (rather than listening to the lesson... ahem). A few of the sixth formers have even copied the style and wear one themselves. There's just the problem that every once in a while, one of the "kinaesthetic" learners can't stop themselves from reaching out and grabbing it as I tutor them. Glurk.

January 2, 2011 at 9:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.