Steampunk Canada

Tie up Your Dirigible and Visit for a Spell

Forums

Forum Home > Questions > CNSE hotel

Heekun

Hello folks - just a question regarding the hotel convention rate for CNSE (I'm posting this question here since this forum seems to be more active than the cnse.ca forum.)  Is there a room cencellation fee? I'd like to book a room early in case they fill up, but I'm not yet 100% sure if I can attend and may have to cancel the reservation.

December 8, 2010 at 11:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee A. Farruga
Site Owner

General hotel room cancellation without a fee is 24 hours before arrival.  If unsure, call the hotel to confirm.

--

Canadian Queen of Steampunk. Founder of Steampunk Canada.

December 8, 2010 at 12:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vokhev

I just called to reserve but they couldn't find the group "CANADIAN NATIONAL STEAMPUNK EXHIBITION".

What I found even stranger was that the price they gave me was lower than the groupe price indicated ont the site (109$ for quadruple occupation).

Maybe you should have a discussion with the hotel regarding the group.

March 29, 2011 at 9:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee A. Farruga
Site Owner

Vokhev, please be sure you are calling the phone number on the Exhibition website and NOT the hotel website.  The hotel website is international and they have no idea what is going on at local sites.  Please do us a favour and call the number on the Exhibition website and make sure you're with our blocked rooms.  I will ask our liason with the hotel to look into this.

--

March 30, 2011 at 6:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vokhev

I first called 1-800-387-3303 but got no answer so I called 905-474-0444. I found both those numbers on the CNSE site

March 30, 2011 at 9:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Adam Smith

The 905 number is the direct hotel number and should be completely fine for reservations. The 1-800 number is also the number for the hotel.

Vokhev, have you tried the number again recently? Did you manage to get a reservation?

many thanks,

Adam Smith

CNSE Chair

March 30, 2011 at 6:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vokhev

I only called on tuesday. I got a reservation but not in the CNSE block. But they assured me I could change if things get cleared up.

March 31, 2011 at 12:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee A. Farruga
Site Owner

Adam is looking into this issue. 

What people have found is to call and ask for someone who knows about the Canadian National Steampunk Exhibition and simply ask them to move your reservation to our block of rooms.  It shouldn't change your reservation in any other way.

--

March 31, 2011 at 12:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vokhev

Since today was the last day, I tried calling again. This time the 1-800 number worked and the guy who answered was much more helpful. So our room is now in the CNSE bloc :)

April 7, 2011 at 9:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee A. Farruga
Site Owner

Glad to hear it worked out.  We'll see you very soon.

--

April 8, 2011 at 6:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.