Steampunk Canada

Tie up Your Dirigible and Visit for a Spell

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Wierd moment

Vokhev

Yesterday, I had a wierd moment. I figured how to attach my clip-on magnifying loupy to my glasses so it would stay in place more than 1 or 2 seconds. I wanted to be sure it would hold well and I decided that the best way to test this was to keep wearing them while doing other things. So I started working on my steampunk machine for a while before stopping and realizing that I was building a strange contraption out of wood and copper while wearing steampunk inventor glasses. At that precise moment, I felt a little bit too steampunk and I was a bit scared of myself ;)

February 22, 2011 at 12:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Stuart

lol good show Vokhev

February 22, 2011 at 2:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sean Brennan

Now that would have been a sight to see!

February 23, 2011 at 11:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jedediah Solomon

Very nice. Real life often imitates my character. I am a farm equipment mechanic as well as an R technician, class "A" mechanic and Truch &Coach Mechanic.Many times I have found myself rigging something up and thinking ” This could be done with a bit larger gear”

--

I think, Therefore I am......  I think,.:

October 16, 2012 at 4:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Herenya Wilkey

Be proud, not scared!

--

Ventricles Apart Crafts

www.facebook.com/ventricles.apart.crafts

www.etsy.com/shop/VentriclesApart

ventriclesapartcrafts.wordpress.com/

October 17, 2012 at 7:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shepp

Did you laugh maniacally and vow that others would rue the day they crossed you while doing all of that?

If not, then I wouldn't worry about it and continue.

--

Note: Looking to buy Headrobots Snake (Cobra Commander) and other things. Check out my thread. Shepp's Buy/Sell/Trade thread 

October 17, 2012 at 12:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Antiquarius

I know how that can feel ! On any given day in the antique shop I wear my brown bowler, good enough... but this day .I was working on a rather unperdictible large clock  movement at my bench. I had miss placed my safety glasses and so used my goggles instead. While working away a customer came in unnoticed......(you can see where this is going) and knocked on the office/shop door making me jump with surprise and causing a  spring I had been trying to hold to expand to the size of a small pizza in the blink of an eye. I turned around with bowler, goggles and ratchet in hand  to see an this astonished   and what I  now remember as slightly amused look on her face. Pulling my goggles down around my neck, I could feel my face redden deeply and  choked out, "Hi ! Can I help you"   It can happen to us all.....and yes, she has been back to the store since!

--

Clock maker and owner of, Antiquarius Antiques & Curiosities.

October 21, 2012 at 8:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Erin Latimer

Atiquarius, too funny! Wish I could have seen that! I adore antique shops and I wish I had one in my town! I found one in my last town, where the woman who owned it collected creepy old portraits, and made hats and fasinators out of rat skulls (all previously deceased of course) she had old lace parasols and 19th century trunks stacked up the wall. Man, I just wanted to live there.

--

Steampunk blog: http://www.thepunkettes.com/

Personal blog: http://www.museslibrary.blogspot.ca/

November 5, 2012 at 1:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Antiquarius

Thankfully,  most weird moments happen outside of public view but antique shops can be prone to their share. Try to imagine the look on a person's face when you explain that their antique soup toureen in which they had served countless meals was actually an antique chamber pot....

Rat skull fascinators?  most certainly a "curiosity".

--

Clock maker and owner of, Antiquarius Antiques & Curiosities.

December 3, 2012 at 8:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.