Steampunk Canada

Tie up Your Dirigible and Visit for a Spell

Forums

Forum Home > Questions > New in Town

Kerry

Hello,

I'm new to this site, and I have a question about adding a picture to my profile. I don't seem to be able to, no matter what file type or picture size I choose. Just wondering if there is a problem adding pictures or if I'm perhaps doing something wrong?

Kerry:/

July 14, 2011 at 1:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Stuart

sadly Kerry, methinks the error is at your end.  I just uploaded and changed my profile pic.  I did however hit a stumbling block on the first attempt, as my firefox has a script blocker.  That might be where your issue lies. 

edit: or your status as a limited member, although I don't know what that is all about lol.

--

July 14, 2011 at 5:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee A. Farruga
Site Owner

Kerry give it another try.  It could be size or Firefox.  It shouldn't be the Limited Member status as others have been able to post their own photo, but I've changed your status to Member now so try again. Cheers.

--

Canadian Queen of Steampunk. Founder of Steampunk Canada.

July 14, 2011 at 6:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PM

I seem to recall finding that uploading pictures didn't work with Firefox, but did with Internet Explorer.

--

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Sent from the analytical engine of
www.PaulMarlowe.com

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

July 14, 2011 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Stuart

it worked for me, I just had to turn off my NoScript Addon.  Same as my first pic. 

--

July 14, 2011 at 11:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CameraShy

i joined today and at first couldn't upload a pic.  shrinking didn't work, it was already a .jpg.

later this afternoon i tried again and it worked.

just one of those things i guess...

--
July 15, 2011 at 12:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kerry

Good Morning,

Thank you all for your responses, I tried again this morning and no had issue at all, I guess it must have been one of those moments when the gremlins had a firm grip on my system and would not relent:)

Kerry.

--

"Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none." - William Shakespeare

July 15, 2011 at 7:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Stuart

well thats excellent news!  Welcome then to you and your spiffy new avatar

--

July 15, 2011 at 12:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

independentjames1

Kerry at July 14, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Hello,

I'm new to this site, and I have a question about adding a picture to my profile. I don't seem to be able to, no matter what file type or picture size I choose. Just wondering if there is a problem adding pictures or if I'm perhaps doing something wrong?

Kerry:/

it may be the file type,of mabey doing something wrong.I didnt have any prob loading my pic

July 16, 2011 at 11:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Doctor Rina Von Elrick

blame firefox. XD

..also, hi all. im new too.

--

The Doctor Is In..

December 5, 2011 at 12:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.