Steampunk Canada

Tie up Your Dirigible and Visit for a Spell

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Steampunk and your pets

Alice Blacktail Keys

Hi everyone. 

So i was just cirious about how other people think when it comes to the ones who actually make characters/ prosonas they play well in costume. So if your one of these people and you have a pet do you incorperate them into your character at all?

I have two ferrets that i love and i take them for walks all the time and in my new character im creating im going to have her have two ferrets as well so when im out with mine well in cosume i can still be her and it wont be odd because they are hers as well. So in the end im just trying to see if im the only one who does things like this.

--

June 20, 2012 at 8:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee Ann Farruga
Site Owner

Well, take a look at  THIS

--

Canadian Queen of Steampunk. Founder of Steampunk Canada.

June 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Redhawk

If it's something your ferrets are used to, I see nothing wrong with it! :)  I knew someone who used to carry her pet rat in her sleeve wherever she went.  I think it's a pretty cool idea to include in your persona.

June 21, 2012 at 9:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alice Blacktail Keys

Thats a cute dog. 

--

June 21, 2012 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee Ann Farruga
Site Owner

Steampunk Ottawa has a member who regularly brings her rats to events (obviously where approrpriate - a restaurant wouldn't be too happy)

--

June 22, 2012 at 8:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alice Blacktail Keys

Yah i can see how a restaurant would not like that.

--

June 26, 2012 at 6:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee Ann Farruga
Site Owner

I am reviving this topic because I would love to know if anyone has taken their pets to an event, or dressed them up, or just generally involves them in their steampunk fun!

--

September 2, 2012 at 5:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shepp

Aboard my airship I have a small aquarium with a number of small koi, connected to a terrarium with hermit crabs and small turtles. I'm thinking of removing the aquarium though, whenever I make hard turns to port or starboard half of the water spills out and starts to cool the boiler. The koi don't take too kindly to it either. I've yet to name any of these animal companions, since I can't tell them apart.

Thought this up because its the most logical step after snakes on a plane: fish on a blimp. A step before bears on a sub, and way before dinosaurs on a spaceship.

Outside of my persona, I have a terrier mix named Lily, and don't intend to steampunkify her anymore than maybe some kind of leash or collar accessory. Not only because Steampunk is kinda my hobby instead of the family's, but also because I'd be afraid of her eating steampunk things and getting sick or worse.

For Halloween this year she'll be dressed as a bee. I'm tempted to get a large butterfly net though and bring that with my Steampunk costume when I walk her on Oct 31st.

--

Note: Looking to buy Headrobots Snake (Cobra Commander) and other things. Check out my thread. Shepp's Buy/Sell/Trade thread 

September 28, 2012 at 1:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee Ann Farruga
Site Owner

Love fish on a bimp - brilliant.  Even better, definitely dress as an explorer and have your giant "bee" as a caught specimen.

--

September 28, 2012 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shepp

All I'd really need is a pith helmet for that, i guess.

--

Note: Looking to buy Headrobots Snake (Cobra Commander) and other things. Check out my thread. Shepp's Buy/Sell/Trade thread 

October 2, 2012 at 9:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Herenya Wilkey

I hope the link for this picture works. This is my late bearded dragon Duncan. I drew a picture of his handsome face, transfered it to my computer, added a top hat, made it extra dark, then printed it out and transfered it onto a piece of unbacked polymer clay. After I baked the clay I added his monocule. Isn't he just dashing!? I've made a lot of brooches and necklaces out of his picture.

--

Ventricles Apart Crafts

www.facebook.com/ventricles.apart.crafts

www.etsy.com/shop/VentriclesApart

ventriclesapartcrafts.wordpress.com/

October 5, 2012 at 12:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.