Steampunk Canada

Tie up Your Dirigible and Visit for a Spell

Forums

Forum Home > The Calgary Steampunk Assemblage > Metal Art Show and Sale - Wetaskiwin

Jim T
Limited Member

Hi everyone! Jim Takenaka here, from the Reynolds-Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin, Alberta. I hope I’m posting this in the right place. If not, feel free to move it to a more appropriate location.

I was wondering if any of you creative types would be interested in showing off and selling some of the Steampunk gadgets and jewelry you make. I’m putting together the 2nd Annual Metal Art Show and Sale at the Reynolds-Alberta Museum and I thought the artists in the Steampunk community would be a perfect fit!

The Reynolds-Alberta Museum, where I work, focuses on mechanized transportation, aviation, agriculture and industry. Last years’ Metal Art Show and Sale brought in metal sculptors, blacksmith artists, jewelry makers, custom knife makers and creative metal sign makers from Alberta, BC and Saskatchewan.

I want to make the event even bigger this year! I love the inspired pieces by Steampunk artists and I thought this would a great venue for any of you who might want to show off your metal-based artwork.

If you’re interested, send me an email at: jim.takenaka@gov.ab.ca

Or check this link out on the Reynolds-Alberta Museum website: http://www.history.alberta.ca/reynolds/specialevents/metalartshow.aspx

Hope to hear from you!

Jim T

March 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.